Friday, 14 June 2013

 AN EXPLANATION AND APOLOGY
 
In happy times .... last year.
 
You may have seen an apology on my web site for the fact that I haven't been blogging over recent months - 'due to illness in the family', as I put it.
 
The stark truth was that my darling husband, Terry (pictured above with me and our youngest grandchildren, Dan and Amelia, was suffering from a devastating form of T-cell lymphoma which was diagnosed in January.
 
Though the prognosis was not good, he underwent a number of sessions of intensive chemotherapy, but unfortunately the disease was too aggressive.  By April it was apparent the treatment was not working.
 
After a spell in hospital I was able to bring him home, where he wanted to be, and looked after him for 3 weeks until the end came, on May 25th.
 
I still find it difficult to believe my fit, healthy, strong husband is gone - it all happened over such  short period of time.
 
Now, however, it is my intention to continue with my series of blogs about my life as a 'Real-life Heartbeat Police Wife'.    I'm very glad I began it ...  and as I write it will recall for me the happy years Terry and I spent together.

5 comments:

  1. Good to see you back on your blog,looking forward to the next part of your story. It so good you were able to look after Terry at home in his last few weeks. It's shocking how things can progress so quickly. Look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. carole schultz14 June 2013 at 13:24

    A truly devastating time for you, but glad you are going to continue with your blogs which, I'm sure, will be cathartic.
    I look forward to reading them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a strong, talented, wonderful writer and an even lovelier person to know! It will be happy and sad to recall your memories but we can't wait to share them with you.
    Terry has always and will always be so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks to admin who has been providing the latest information that makes us be increased insight and new knowledge that is wide enough, of course, this makes us become more knowledgeable
    ganoderma plus capsule untuk mencegah kanker
    cara alami menyembuhkan kista endometrium
    suplemen kesehatan bagi penderita kanker payudara

    ReplyDelete